CPI enhances its eConnect line of PDUs to include redundancy packs, phase-balance outlets and more
Working and learning remotely has placed unprecedented demands on power management in data centers. As a result, rack densities are rising globally and equipment monitoring at the rack level has never been so critical.
CPI’s eConnect® power distribution units (PDUs) already provide data center managers with the information they need to make informed decisions when it comes to capacity planning, rapid deployment, reduced networking costs and regulatory compliance. But the new and enhanced features unveiled earlier this year add more simplicity and efficiency to power distribution, while setting users up for success as new compliance requirements go into effect in the new decade.
Noteworthy enhancements include greater outlet density, UL® 62368 compliance, which is a new 2020 listing requirement for the United States and European Union, and the Redundancy Pack option— an industry-first—which includes two PDUs, one in black and one in Glacier White, for easy identification of the primary and secondary unit; all under one part number.
eConnect’s existing features – Secure Array® IP consolidation technology, 149° F (65° C) temperature rating, and software integration with environmental monitoring and RFID Electronic Locks – are now complemented by the following:
- Redundancy Pack option for easy identification of the primary and secondary (failover) unit
- Latest UL 62368 compliance
- Secure Array IP consolidation of up to 48 units under one IP address, with the option for a second one for failover support; reducing networking costs by 90%.
- Phase-balance outlets on three-phase models that simplifies equal loading across all phases
- Integrated environmental sensors that provide notifications of hot spots within cabinets
- Integrated RFID electronic locks that provides managed cabinet-level access control
- Field-replaceable controller for easy serviceability and upgradeability while maintaining power to critical loads
- Bistable latching relays for reduced energy consumption and increased service reliability on Switched PDU models
- Patent-pending locking outlets, which prevent accidental disconnections without requiring special cords that can cost upwards of $200 per PDU
- Native software integration with Sunbird DCIM software and many others
- Support for RESTful Application Programming Interface and Command Line Interface
- TAA-compliant models for the federal segment
Partner with CEG to ensure Critical Power
CEG is proud to partner with CPI in addressing our clients’ critical power, and air flow needs. Our experts can assist you with deciding what kind of PDU is best for your critical environment. CONTACT US today to learn more.