It may seem surprising, but right now is an excellent time to invest in upgrades to your data center or critical environment. When you combine the tax benefits of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) with the major financial ROI implications of the 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Stability (CARES) Act, there’s actually a real incentive for you to get going on that wish list of efficiency and uptime improvements.
Want to better understand what qualifies for a full deduction? Click on this infographic below:
There are many qualified facility upgrades that may also be installed by December 31st:
- Physical Security and Access Control Solutions, including cameras, sensors and biometric access control systems
- Air Flow Management Accessories such as blanking panels, filler panels, under floor baffles
- Aisle Containment doors, panels, curtains
- HVAC devices, including sensors, valves, actuators
- Standard rack power strips
- All types of Uninterruptible Power Supplies, switchgear, and other electrical distribution equipment
- Modular Power Revitalization Services
- Leak Detection cables and appliances
- Environmental Monitoring appliances and sensors
- KVM, serial and extension appliances
- Cabinets or media storage units
More good news! If you’re thinking about making MAJOR improvements to your data center or critical environment, these CARES Act incentives will carry into 2021. CEG welcomes the opportunity to significantly improve the security, efficiency and uptime of your facility and help you achieve a real tax savings. We partner with the industry’s leading manufacturers of critical power, airflow, facility monitoring and infrastructure solutions. CONTACT US today!
This material is for informational purposes only. It’s not intended to provide and should not be relied on for tax advice. Please contact your tax advisor when planning these purchases and improvements.