Aurora – Data Center Environmental Monitoring System
Because data centers are dynamic environments, instantaneous feedback related to cooling- or heat-related issues is critical for ensuring operations and equipment reliability. Aurora is a server room temperature sensor that lets you clearly identify and take action on those issues in real time – making it the ideal environmental monitoring system for data centers of any size.
Aurora is CEG’s proprietary environmental monitoring system that couples a series of eight temperature monitoring sensors with an array of high intensity LEDs - giving the appearance of a “live” CFD. It is extremely accurate because it measures air temperature, not surface temperature. The 3 user-selectable sensitivity settings allow you to fine tune the monitored temperature range of the full 129-color spectrum. And because temperature is monitored over the entire height of the cabinet, Aurora is perfect for Aisle Containment and areas susceptible to temperature stratification.
Aurora’s optional wireless communication and management interface enables the temperature readings for all eight sensors-per-strip to be captured for trending and alerting purposes. This additional functionality is invaluable when monitoring changes or validating best-practices improvements.
Server Room Temperature Sensor Features
- Highly scalable and applicable for data centers of any size – from SMB to enterprise
- Works on virtually any cabinet 40U or higher
- Easy to deploy and relocate – up and running in minutes
- Allows you to easily identify the need for blanking panels, self-policing mechanism
- Sensitivity settings enable fine-tuning of supply temperatures
- Integrated power plug – no need for batteries
- Great tool for colocation/hosting and SLA compliance
Aisle Containment Specifications
- Eight temperature monitoring sensors spaced 8” apart provide ample coverage for traditional cabinet doors or open frame racks. Sensors start 4.5” from bottom of unit and end at 60.5”.
- Temperature monitoring sensors are thermally isolated to read air temperature, not the mounting surface or internal circuitry temperature.
- Temperature monitoring sensor Operating Range: -40°F to 248°F; -40°C to 125°C
- 64 color-changing LED lights represent temperature readings through a broad spectrum of 129 colors.
- 3 user-selectable temperature sensitivity ranges allow Aurora to be used in a wide variety of environments.
- Adjacent color gradients are smoothed between varying temperature sensors readings.
- Mounts to the face or door of any style cabinet 40U or higher
- Physical Dimensions: 69.38”L x 1.75”W x 0.45”T
- Auto-Switching Power Supply for 100V-240V operation. Select 5-15P Input cord for
- 100-120V operation or C14 Input cord for 200-240V operation
- Electrical Load: Approximately 15W
- Optional wireless communications
- Power supply and installation kit included
- Air temperature accuracy: +/- 1°C
- Low Temperature Sensitivity Range (50°F to 75°F; 10°C to 23.8°C) for data centers or IT spaces with low cold-aisle temperature set-points
- Middle (default) Temperature Sensitivity Range (65°F to 90°F; 18.3°C to 32.2°C) for data centers with temperature ranges that closely match the ASHRAE standard for data center temperature
- High Temperature Sensitivity Range (70°F to 95°F; 21.1°C to 35°C) for energy efficient data centers that use higher inlet temperature settings
Wireless Data Center Monitoring and Notification
- Customization at a sensor, local network, or client wide level
- Enterprise (local) and hosted (cloud-based) versions available
- Notifications via text and email
- Unlimited Aurora sensor data storage and trending
- Unlimited user accounts for system configuration, monitoring and notifications
- Sensor heartbeats (check-ins) down to 10 minutes:
- Advanced thermographic sensor mapping tool
- Sensor grouping feature allows onscreen sensors to easily be arranged to exactly match physical strip deployment
- API commands for integrating into third party applications