Reduce Cooling Costs
In air-cooled data center and enterprise computer rooms, one of the most cost-effective methods of reducing cooling costs is implementing disciplined airflow management practices to isolate and separate hot and cold air within the room.
You should always consider this step if you are out of cooling capacity and/or considering adding supplemental cooling. Chatsworth Products (CPI) has demonstrated that well managed, air-cooled racks can support up to 30 kW of heat load, which well exceeds most standard compute and storage applications. CPI has the knowledge and expertise to help you optimize your cooling results.
The CPI solution addresses airflow inside the cabinet and within the room. Proper airflow management eliminates hot spots, allows you to reliably raise room temperatures, and increase return air temperatures. This allows you to adjust your cooling system to reduce fan speeds, increase chilled water temperatures and increase hours of chiller-less “free cooling” using economizers, which reduces cooling costs and improves PUE. For new designs, you may be able to reduce initial costs by reducing the number of CRAHs and the size of chillers and chilled water circuits. The CPI solution does not impact your level of redundancy, may help you gain points for green building programs, and may contribute to eligibility for utility incentives.
CPI's standard aisle containment solutions are field fabricated to maximize flexibility, but we can also modify solutions to match site requirements. The patented Vertical Exhaust Duct solution, which is cabinet-based, requires no specialized building skills to install, and delivers the best overall system performance.
CPI's TeraFrame Family of Cabinets are highly configurable premium enclosures to meet the demands of today's data center environment.
F-Series TeraFrame Gen 3 Cabinet
Best For: Store servers in multi-tenant and enterprise data centers, computer rooms and network facilities. Explore Product Options.
- UL Listed 2416 - meets new UL requirements for equipment cabinets
- New 6-slide frame style increases equipment load bearing capacity
- Now available in a standard 52U height to maximize space
- Side panels are half height for easy handling
- Cable openings in the top and bottom panels are wider to accommodate large PDU power plugs
- Equipment mounting rails are now Z-shaped with a solid front surface, use no standoff brackets, adjust quickly and help block airflow
- Grommet-sealed cable openings in the rails in wider cabinets allow a front-to-rear pathway for cabling while blocking bypass airflow
- Every cabinet now includes casters and leveling feet
- Brush seals cover all of the cable openings in the top and the bottom panels
- New two-piece server top panel makes upgrading to a Vertical Exhaust Duct easy
- The Vertical Exhaust Duct now includes additional heights for shorter ceilings and includes a brush sealed cable entry port in the back for power cable entry
- Up to 3000 lb (1360 kg) static load rating
F-Series TeraFrame HD
Best For: Safe transport of up to 3,000 lb (1360 kg) of pre-installed equipment to a data center. Explore Product Options.
- Safely transport up to 3,000 lb (1360 kg) of electronic equipment
- Includes a shock pallet and re-usable cushioned carton for reshipping after equipment is loaded
- Optional welded steel ramp provides a safe method for unloading the cabinet from the pallet upon arrival at the installation site
- Available in three heights, one width and two depths
- Includes two pairs of sliding, continuously adjustable equipment mounting rails with square-punched mounting holes
- Includes heavy-duty casters with roller bearings to provide superior long-term performance under load
- Top panel features large brush-covered cable openings and a removable cover plate to accommodate optional Vertical Exhaust Duct
- Locking side panels and doors are easy to remove for quick access to equipment
- Mounting rails, top panel, side panels and doors are electrically bonded to frame; includes Ground Terminal Block
- Thermal and cable management accessories are available
- Available in black only
- Load rating: 3,000 lb (1360 kg)
N-Series TeraFrame Gen 3 Network Cabinet
Best For: Stores network switches in multi-tenant and enterprise data centers, computer rooms and network facilities. Explore Product Options.
- The N-Series TeraFrame Network Gen 3 Cabinet product line is compatible with the Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL switch. Read the Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL Switch Hardware Installation Guide for more details.
- Frame design provides maximum flexibility for mounting equipment, thermal, cable and power management accessories
- Provides complete separation of hot and cold air within the cabinet
- A universal side airflow solution eliminates switch-specific accessories reducing planning complexity
- Order pre-configured for front-to-rear, front-to-top, side-to-rear or side-to-top airflow
- Vertical Exhaust Duct option provides side-to-top airflow
- Includes large cable entry ports on the top panel, T-shaped cable guides on the front mounting rails and a front-to-rear cable manager to organize cables; vertical cable managers are available as accessories
- Easy access to cables and equipment with removable doors, top panel and side panels
- Includes T-shaped cable guides with openings that align with each U on the rack to divide and organize cable
- Includes leveling feet and transport casters
- Includes two pairs of 19" EIA equipment mounting rails
- #12-24 tapped or square-punched mounting rails with U markings for fast equipment installation
- 2500 lb (1134 kg) static load rating on leveling feet
- UL Listed 2416